What will we find in the head of Mish?

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weddings and speeches.

Contrary to what may be alluded to by the title; this is not about speeches at weddings.

I went to a wedding yeterday, between two people that I know at church Karen Myers (*insert possibly girly gush here*) (née Barnes) and Steve Myers. It was a really wonderful wedding, the service was fantastic; Steve looked dashing and Karen looked absolutely beautiful, it was so amazing to see such a loving couple commit their lives to each other.

It got me thinking though, about myself and my own attitudes towards relationships. I was really emotionally invested in my last relationship, and although that isn't always a bad thing. It got me really desiring marriage with my former partner. I feel that in some ways, I was a little overbearing in that way. Just being vocal about it and telling her I loved her a great deal, we even sized her ring early in the relationship; granted, she wanted to do that as much as I did.

I believe that if I had played my part to keep our relationship from forming into a romantic one at the beginning (respecting the fact it takes two to tango*); and had kept it just friends until it was ready to support romance, I wouldn't have had such a strong desire for something like marriage and it's probable effect being to solidify our relationship.

Something to reflect on, and grow from; definatley. 

*form a stable romantic relationship that explores the possibility of marriage

On another note, speeches.



If you are a person of faith, I urge you to watch this man speak about his. It's a very passionate speech coming from one of the candidates for the U.S. Presidency next year. If George or John could speak this frankly and honestly about their faith, I believe they would be more respected.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home