What will we find in the head of Mish?

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Another step in God.

Hey loyal viewers/readers/peoples; of which there are few.

Last weekend I went to Melbourne to visit a few friends.

First, I met up with Katelyn; which was fun. We went for a long drive around the Dandenong Ranges and fed some birds (which was particularly funky) we had a nice walk around, and even went for a short (but very picturesque) forest walk. Then, Katelyn was really nice and drove me to my friend Tim's place.

Tim lives in Dandenong, he used to live in Benalla until March? last year (I hadn't seen him since). His parents are Salvation Army Majors, and they were relocated to do work at the Dandenong Salvation Army Core. They live behind the Salvation Army Church, in a house the other side of the rear car park.

We build a computer the first night, made up of bits of Tim's old computer; along with a snazzy new case (one exactly the same as my best friend Jamie used to have). It's still better than mine is, although mine has 256MB more RAM (yay!). But we didn't get it full operational until the next day, we went to bed at 1:30ish that night. I got to play a DS Lite for the first time, and i can now officially say that Brain Training is _awesome_. So much fun!

On Saturday, we went to the Dandenong Plaza; walked around for a bit and had a good time; then we went to Fountain Gate Plaza and walked around for a bit there. Then we went home, and installed a few games on afforementioned computer and LANed for a bit. Then we went to bed. It was fun.

Saturday night, i could have gone to my ex Rachel's 19th (I hadn't seen her for 4 years). But, i truly believe God worked out things to be against me going there in the end because of what happened on Sunday.

Hmm, yes... Sunday; a really big day really... I went to Church with Tim (yes, it is so awesome that it takes 5 minutes to get ready and to Church). At church, his dad was speaking. It was about the beatitudes of Christ; i know i have heard a sermon on the beatitudes before, but this was another talk on them. It was about Hunger and Thirst for Christ in your life. And a main point of the Sermon was about how if you truly let God into your life and truly loved Him, then the Hunger and Thirst for His way and His influence in your life would be fierce and you would seek after Him with all your heart.

In addition to this, the church was taught that the only way to be able to quench this thirst was through Jesus; a parable was used from one of C.S. Lewis' books. I'll have to find it one day and put it up, because I only remember bits of it. Needless to say, It was put across that the only way to get to Jesus' life-giving waters is through Him. There is no other way.

So, i'm sitting there in the church; and all of a sudden a though comes into my mind. I know that i'm doing something that God doesn't want me to do. I'm stealing. I know this, because I've talked about this with Tim before. In fact, he bought me a present to help me out. But i know that I'm stealing. I know in my heart at that moment, what God wants me to do. It's hard, and I don't know how it will work, but is it my right to put limits on God? I know that if I have faith, and I do my best to be faithful, God will provide for me no matter what. So I make my decision, and I know what I will do. I will fix this area of my life, I will stop stealing. And then, as I always do, in the middle of a church that I have no idea who 99% of the people are, I bawl. I'm not sad, but I can _feel_ God working in me. So I cry, and I try to stop crying. I tithed as much as I could, and prayed. I thanked God for being there with me, and i know that He will provide for me.

So, I come out of church; and I talk to Tim about what God has called me to do. Tim is happy. He has gone through the same step. I know God took me there for this, and I know that Tim cares about me alot.

(There is alot of stuff that goes in here regarding missing trains and meeting with Ex's, but that is unimportant)

So i finally get home, and i get on my computer. I delete my illegal movies, i delete my illegal music, and i delete my illegal games. I need some software for school, and i'm looking into ways around illegal copies.

While I was in Dandenong, I bought two games. Tim bought me one, and gave me one. I recently bought another for $15; so my collection is growing (thanks to Ubisoft and their recent budget titles that are great). So yeah, i was a little broke until i got paid today.

I think this is a really positive step, i know that i have many more things in my life that need to change; but this is definatley something that I can change, and so I am.

1 Comments:

  • Hello Hamish, It's the President of Ballarat Trav here. I used to rule Bendigo before the war.

    Anyway...i started reading Case for Christ last night at midnight...get december off to a good start i thought.

    I've read Chapter one, very thorough id say.

    Now i do hope to return here one day in December and notice something new...maybe a joke, phrase, quotation ...evening a choking noise will suffice.

    By Blogger Trav, at 12:08 pm, December 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home