What will we find in the head of Mish?

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Two Hundred Days

200 days...



What is that? About 6 and a bit months? Half of a year of your life will pass in the next two hundred days. What will you accomplish, what about you will change?

Will you grow your hair in a different way?
Will you lash out and buy that one thing you've been wanting, walking past every day?
Will you learn something new about yourself?
Will you get a job, will you lose a job?
Will you meet someone who reminds you what it was like to be 12?
Will you meet someone who makes you think about your future?
Will you conquer something that has had control over your life?


I dunno, it seems like alot of people don't remember that time is always passing. It's not something you want to dwell on, but it's healthy to remember things that pass. There is a place for our past in our lives, because it's where we have learnt our lessons. What has happened in our past has made us who we are today; it has shaped us and changed us.

A challenge;

Spend some time, and write down the major changes in your life over the past 200 days. Think about how they've affected your life (you can even pray about them if you like). Summarise what you prayed about, and put what you wrote in an envelope.

Between now and the 19th of May next year, 200 days will pass. Open your envelope then.

God is always active in our lives, leading us when we call out and ask Him to. What will He do for you over the next 200 days? Will you see Him working?

Sometimes I feel like I'm just getting up again for another day at work, another week at work; another month at work. But I know this is just a stepping stone, that I'm moving toward something much greater. Whether this is to teach me responsibility, or how to put in effort; I won't fully understand until I'm where I need to be.

But things take time, and I know as I'm actively seeking things which will help me to mature that circumstances will lead to where they will. I will make choices in the next few years that will change my life dramatically, it's terribly exciting.

I hope this post finds you well, I should get around to posting more than once a month sometime...

- Hamish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home