What will we find in the head of Mish?

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Talk to your daughter before they do.

I don't know if anyone has seen this ad on TV, I don't watch alot of it so I wouldn't know (about 2 hours max in the past 7 months). But I saw this advert from Dove on videosift, and I'm compelled to post it here just because it's so true.

It seems that alot of women are convinced that they have to alter themselves in some way - whether through medication, fad diets or cosmetic surgery - in order to either make themselves feel validated or be attractive to the opposite sex. I don't know how many men are like me, but I believe that women are beautiful the way that God made them; I might not be attracted to every woman on the earth, but they are gorgeous nonetheless. But everyone is attractive to someone, and it's usually (at least for me) not the looks that are the attraction.

What makes a person truly unique, is their personality; who they are. I guess the amazing part of that is no-one else can change that part of you; you can go get your nose made smaller, or take a course of pills to perhaps change the fat on your hips. But no-one on this Earth can change who you are inside but you.

This video makes me think about alot of things; the difference between lust and love; the challenge it must be to help your daughter realise she is beautiful for who she is; how much I look forward to fatherhood; how gorgeous a young girls smile is; etc.

I pray that this isn't a marketing gimmick, and that the people at Dove truly believe what they convey; because it is so refreshing to see this sort of marketing in the cluttered world we live in.




via videosift.com

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • hey hamish are you alive???

    By Blogger Cara, at 6:13 pm, October 25, 2007  

  • i hope so...

    i mean, oh! hey! umm... your email address (i can't believe i haven't followed this up sooner) the thing, at work. i can't use regular msn at work because i can only use dodgy web-based msn, and i tried to add you when you added me but it just kinda cancelled itself out...

    at any rate, send me an email! i reckon that'd do wonders as to me ascertaining your email address. other than that, my phone number is 0407341920 if you want to sms/call me. i'm still alive... i just, lose track of time.

    By Blogger mish, at 11:50 pm, October 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home